It’s our mission to “Win, Build and Send Servants for Jesus Christ.” Our deepest convictions affect every decision we make as a church. While the Bible itself is our formal document of faith, the following statements should help you understand those biblical ideas that most fundamentally define who we are.
- We believe that there is one God eternally existing in three persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit. He is the Creator of all things (Genesis 1:1; John 1:1; Matthew 3:16-17; 2 Corinthians 13:14).
- We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only Son who as Savior of the world died for our sins and rose from the dead (1 Corinthians 15:1-8).
- We believe in the Holy Spirit who convicts the world in regard to sin, righteousness and judgment, and who at the point of salvation indwells every believer and equips them for personal growth and service to the church (John 16:8-9; Acts 2:38; Eph. 1:13-14).
- We believe the Bible is the inspired, written Word of God and the final authority for all matters of faith and practice (2 Timothy 3:14-16).
- We believe that man, created by God, willfully sinned and as a result, is lost and without hope apart from Jesus Christ (Romans 3:23, 6:23; Acts 4:12).
- We believe that salvation – the forgiveness of sins – is available only by the grace of God through the blood of Jesus Christ. This free gift of salvation is offered to all who receive Christ as Lord and Savior (Ephesians 2:8-9; Colossians 2:6; John 3:16).
- We believe the Bible clearly teaches the pattern to receive Christ is to believe in Jesus as God’s Son and Savior of the world, repent of personal sin, confess Christ publicly, and to be baptized (Romans 10:9; Acts 2:36-38, Mark 16:16).
- We believe that full immersion under water is the prescribed mode of baptism as indicated by Jesus’ own example, command, and the meaning of the original Greek word “baptizo” = to immerse, dip, or dunk (Mark 1:9-10; Matthew 28:19; Romans 6:4).
- We believe that the Church is the body and bride of Christ on earth, founded on the Day of Pentecost, consisting of all Christians everywhere (Matt.16:13-18; Acts 2:14-47).
- We believe that death seals the eternal destiny of each person. When Christ returns he will pronounce the eternal fate of each individual, both living and dead – the saved to eternal life in heaven, the unsaved to eternal separation from God in Hell (John 5:28-29; Daniel 12:2; 2 Corinthians 4:14).
Christ’s Church has three core values that drive everything we do. These values have become our measurement for our ministry. Everything we do falls in alignment with these core values. Under each value are several strategies in which we focus to achieve each value. God has called this community of believers to be…
1. REAL… We long to be a church that is authentic and described with unity. The church that lives out its faith in order to earn the right to share its faith. The church which embraces and encourages multi-ethnic worship and community.
2. RELEVANT… We long to be a church full of uninhibited worship where the experience draws people into the presence of God so that the Holy Spirit may work in the hearts of people. The church who understands that excellence breeds excellence and accepts it as the expectation. The church in which leadership invests in discipleship, delegation and multiplication.
We long to be a church that grows smaller as we grow larger. The church where small groups bring life and learning together. The church which understands that the best gift that can be given to a child is a growing mother and father. The church who intentionally reaches out to serve the needs of the community and to share the Gospel so they may access Christ.